I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want (sorry). And that is to empower you to be able to use your website yourself. I love the word “empower”, it’s a good one isn’t it?
As a web designer I’ve seen over and over again where people start out with good intentions when it comes to keeping their websites updated, but because they don’t do it very often they never really get confident and their website becomes sad and neglected. That’s a sorry tale indeed!
I’ve tried various approaches over the years – written user guides, one-to-one training and, over the last few years, training videos. From the feedback I’ve been getting, I think I’ve come up with a great solution for training:
Bespoke Training Packages
Your bespoke training package is created entirely for you.
- We’ll start by having a chat so that I can understand the challenges you face when it comes to using your website.
- Once I’ve got a clear picture of what you need, I will record a series of training videos demonstrating how to update the various sections of your website.
- When you have had a chance to watch the videos and have a go, we will follow up with a video chat which allows you to ask any questions you have.
- And finally, the package includes some email support so you can continue to ask questions as you use your website.
I really like this approach and find that it works really well. In particular:
- Videos are much easier to follow than written guides. You can’t beat actually seeing an update being made.
- The videos are yours to keep and refer back to whenever you need to. So you don’t have to try to remember something demonstrated in a training session or follow your hastily scribbled notes – it’s all there for you to watch and watch again until you know your website like the back of your hand.
Excuse the “watch this space” section, but please do watch this space. I’m putting together a series of practical online training courses which you can follow to build your website from scratch and maintain it over time. If you don’t have the budget for the bespoke package, or would like to dip your toe in first, this could well be the solution for you. If you like the sound of this, please email me and I’ll let you know when the first course is available.